This term sees a change to how your son will access resources and homework on the school system. The school has been using Firefly to share resources and set homework and the new SharePoint system does this and more. In assembly this week all of the students have been introduced to the new system and can start using it. Staff will now be setting homework via the ‘Teams’ section of this system. The main points to remember are:
- SharePoint can be accessed from school or home computers and via a mobile phone by students.
- Downloading the apps (as shown above for SharePoint and Teams) will mean that students can set up notifications for homework so that when they leave school each day they can check what they have been set!
- After this academic year the system will also replace their student save areas at school which means that all work will need to be saved in their new work files. The advantage of this is that they can access those files from home. Staff will help them move relevant material.
This development will bring together various systems in school and make it much easier for students to store their work and access resources. If the boys have questions, they should ask their tutor or class teacher in the first instance.
Click here for more information: SharePoint
- Parents will not have a log-in to SharePoint.
- In the near future parents will receive a weekly email summarising homework set to help you fully support your children at home. We are just waiting for Microsoft to complete the roll-out of this feature.
Acting Assistant Headteacher